Under the Accelerated Tech Pathway, tech professionals from across Canada and overseas can become permanent residents in as little as six months if they have a job offer in an in-demand tech industry occupation.
This new pathway was announced on January 13 with the hope it will make attracting tech talent to the booming industry in Alberta a little easier, by fast-tracking the process of getting a permanent residence.
Let’s take a closer look at the requirements in the Accelerated Tech Pathway.
- In order to be eligible, tech professionals need to be eligible for either the Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program, or the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
- Have an offer of employment from an Albertan employer in an eligible occupation.
How Does It Work?
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program requires eligible candidates to submit information about their Express Entry profile, job offer, and company (AINP). The information given will be evaluated, and suitable candidates will be invited to apply for provincial nominations.
How To Apply?
The application procedure for the Accelerated Tech Pathway can be broken down into three steps:
- Create an Express Entry profile: We’ll help you fill out a form for the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program so you can be approved into the Express Entry candidate pool.
- Fill out the Eligibility Form: After meeting the minimum qualifying requirements for the Alberta Express Entry Stream, you’ll be invited to apply for a provincial nomination.
- Apply for the Accelerated Tech Pathway: Completed applications are added to a list of people who qualify. The AINP examines these applications for a provincial nomination.
Do You Want to Apply for the Accelerated Tech Pathway to Alberta?
Let’s get you started with a job interview, eligibility assessment, and more. We’d be happy to help you achieve your plans of immigrating to Canada.